Please note – This is a part-time role. 1-3 days per week.
We are actively looking for a Principal Data Scientist to join our team at Modo25 and continue the product development of our global marketing intelligence platform BOSCO™.
Using cutting edge data science, BOSCO™ takes basic inputs which collect data from trusted data partners and a list of competitors based on a retailer’s category. The machine learning then creates a portfolio of keywords that can make paid media channel budget recommendations.
We are looking for someone who wants to progress their career and is keen to learn from our proven and successful colleagues.
Within this role, you will be:
- Responsible for leading the product development of Data Science elements within BOSCO™
- Responsible for the data science architecture of BOSCO™ from end-to-end
- Building machine learning models in Python and/or R
- Leading a team of Data Scientists
- Developing the communication of data science elements to internal and external stakeholders
- Working with stakeholders to determine how data science can help solve business problems
You’ll have experience and knowledge of the following:
- PhD in a STEM discipline
- Proven commercial experience as a Data Scientist
- Proven track record of taking initiative and working independently
- Shown leadership when finding solutions to problems using data
- Python, R, SQL
- Cloud computing
- Experience of working in an agile software development environment
- Experience applying knowledge in statistics and machine learning to real world problems
- Managing a team of data professionals
- Extensive knowledge of Bayesian statistics
We can offer you a dynamic, friendly, forward-thinking work environment, a competitive salary, and great employee perks. Within this role you would be able to work from home or work in our Leeds-based office – the team are both UK-based and international.
We embrace flexible working, and everyone works a 4-day working week, we believe in working efficiently and effectively to have a longer weekend.
We want to attract the best people, so we’re offering competitive salaries and excellent employee packages that include:
- 23 days annual leave ( pro rata )
- Fantastic benefits package that includes health insurance, a discounted Apple Watch, discounted gym membership and retail/leisure savings (e.g. free Caffe Nero coffee, Amazon Prime membership, free Vue tickets, retail vouchers)
- Flexible working
- Central Leeds office
- Cycle to work scheme
- Office dog (you need to feel comfortable in the company of our well behaved office dog, Roxy)
We believe that by investing in our people, our clients can only benefit.