If there’s one thing constant about social media platforms, it’s that they are constantly changing! We know it’s difficult to make sense of all of these new features, updates and enhancements, so below, our Performance Marketing Executive Evie Wadkin runs us through some of the latest happenings in the world of social media. If you need any support with your digital marketing strategy, just reach out to one of our team, we’d love to help – contact us at email@example.com
Table of Contents
Latest LinkedIn Updates: Carousel Feature, Profile Video, and Clickable Links Removal
LinkedIn, the leading professional networking platform, has announced some significant changes. As of June 26th, they will be removing the Carousel feature, profile videos, and clickable links within photo and video posts. While this may come as a disappointment to some users, it is important to note that LinkedIn is continuously refining its platform to focus on the most impactful features for professional networking and career development. Additionally, LinkedIn has introduced three new notification filters (“All, My Posts, Mentions”) to help users prioritize engagement and stay connected with relevant interactions. These updates showcase LinkedIn’s commitment to enhancing user experiences and fostering meaningful connections for professionals.
Latest TikTok Updates: Visual Search Results and Educational Hub
TikTok, the popular short-form video platform, is constantly exploring new ways to engage its users. One of its latest initiatives is testing visual search results in TikTok Shop. This exciting feature allows users to take a photo of something and find similar matches in the shop. It not only enhances the shopping experience but also enables users to discover new products effortlessly. Furthermore, TikTok has launched a new educational hub tailored specifically for agency partners and small-medium businesses. This hub provides valuable resources and insights to help these entities leverage TikTok’s platform effectively.
Latest Instagram Updates: Notes, API Offerings, Daily Post Limit Increase
Instagram, the visual-centric platform, has officially launched “Notes,” a feature that allows users to add music and translations to their posts. This addition adds a new dimension to storytelling and expression on the platform. Instagram has also expanded its API offerings, allowing third-party developers to offer content publishing for Creator accounts, user tagging, original audio re-naming within Reels, and increased the daily post limit from 25 to 50 posts across all media types. These enhancements empower creators and businesses to create and share content more effectively, amplifying their reach and impact on the platform.
Latest Twitter Updates: Ads for Jobs Feature
Twitter, the go-to platform for real-time updates and conversations, is constantly experimenting with new features. According to reports, Twitter is working on a feature that would allow verified organizations to post job ads. This development would provide a new avenue for companies to connect with potential candidates directly on the platform. In another exciting move, Twitter has announced that it will share revenue with creators for ads that appear in replies. This shift showcases Twitter’s recognition of the value that creators bring to the platform and their commitment to supporting them financially.
YouTube Updates: Monetization Programme Changes
YouTube, the world’s largest video-sharing platform, has made significant changes to its monetization programme. They have lowered the barrier to enter the programme, making it more accessible for creators. The new conditions include having at least 500 subscribers, three public uploads in the last 90 days, and either 3,000 watch hours in the past year or 3 million Shorts views in the last 90 days. This adjustment in the requirements enables a wider range of creators to monetize their content and potentially earn revenue from their YouTube channels. It opens up opportunities for aspiring creators to turn their passion into a sustainable career.
Latest Meta Updates: AI tool for music and Meta Ads Changes
Meta, formerly known as Facebook, continues to explore new technologies and features. They have released an AI tool that can create music from text prompts. This innovative tool expands creative possibilities and allows users to generate original compositions easily. Meta also recently announced several updates to its advertising features including:
Meta Ads updates:
- Visit Instagram Profile’ CTA: Advertisers can now include a ‘Visit Instagram Profile’ call-to-action button in their ads. This feature allows businesses to drive traffic to their Instagram profiles through Ads Manager when setting up new ads. It is not intended for directly optimizing for new followers, but rather to encourage users to visit the Instagram profile.
- Custom Audience Size: When using a custom audience for targeting, Facebook will now notify advertisers if the audience size is too small for effective ad delivery. This helps advertisers make informed decisions about whether to update or change the audience before launching their campaigns.
- Advantage+ Creative Optimizations: Meta, the parent company of Facebook, is introducing more transparency regarding how Advantage+ creative optimizations can impact ad performance. Advertisers using Advantage+ creative can preview how each optimization will be applied to their creatives and understand how it may affect their ad performance.
- EU Audience Targeting: Advertisers targeting audiences in the European Union will soon be required to indicate the beneficiary and payer for any new or edited ad sets. This additional information ensures compliance with EU regulations and can already be found in Ads Manager.
- Activity History Details: The ‘Activity history’ view now provides more information about the individuals who made changes to campaigns, ad sets, and ads. This enhanced visibility helps advertisers track and understand any modifications made to their advertising assets.
- ‘Get Calls’ Message Template: Advertisers can now select the ‘Get Calls’ message template when creating an ad that clicks to WhatsApp with the engagement objective. This feature adds the ‘Call Now’ button to the automated greeting message, facilitating direct communication with customers.
- Product Tagging: Advertisers can now tag products directly on images or videos when uploading new media for ad creation. This eliminates the need to tag the same products multiple times, streamlining the process and saving time for advertisers.
- Date of Birth in Instant Forms: When running Leads ads on Instagram, advertisers can now include the date of birth as a question in Instant Forms. This allows businesses to collect relevant demographic information from potential leads.
- Advantage+ Shopping Campaigns: Creating Advantage+ shopping campaigns is now easier. When selecting the ‘Sales’ campaign objective, advertisers can choose to try an Advantage+ shopping campaign, enabling them to take advantage of this enhanced advertising format.
Latest Twitch Updates: New Creator Tier
Twitch, the leading live streaming platform, has announced a new Creator tier that offers a 70/30 revenue split. This means that some streamers will have the opportunity to earn a higher share of the revenue generated on their channels. This update acknowledges the valuable contributions of content creators and aims to support their growth and success on the platform.
Latest Pinterest Updates: Premier Spotlight Ads and Travel Catalogues
Pinterest, the visual discovery platform, has expanded its offerings to help brands scale and grow. They have launched Premiere Spotlight Ads and Travel Catalogues, both designed to assist brands in reaching a wider audience and increasing their impact on the platform. Premiere Spotlight Ads offer brands a prominent and engaging advertising format to capture users’ attention. Travel Catalogues provide a dedicated space for travel brands to showcase their offerings and inspire users to plan their next adventure. These updates demonstrate Pinterest’s commitment to providing innovative advertising solutions and catering to the needs of businesses looking to leverage the platform’s unique visual discovery capabilities.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this rundown of all things social media! As you can see, there is a lot to look forward to in this ever changing social media landscape with more opportunities to connect, create, and thrive… we just need to make sure we constantly keep on top of these changes!!